Advice and Support for Acute Illness, Minor Injuries and Accessing NHS Services
The Practice provides a range of clinical assistance to offer you advice and support when you need it. Take a look at our "How to book an appointment" section for further information on how we can help here at the surgery.
NYYPCT Choose Well and Staying Healthy are campaigns to help you to make the best use of your local NHS services. Please click the link to their website for a wide range of information on services and self help including NHS Direct, Monkgate Walk in Centre, Pharmacies, when you should go to Accident and Emergency, and of course, how to care for yourself.
Out of Hours Emergencies
Yorkshire Ambulance Service provides Out of Hours Cover during the period 6.00pm to 8.30am weekdays, and 6.00pm Friday evening to 8.30am Monday morning. To ensure that your records are complete, details of out of hours consultations are passed to the practice and are retained in our records, as well as by the co-operative.
To access this service, please ring the surgery number 01347 821557 and you will be given an answering machine message, telling you which number to ring.
There is also available, 24 hours per day, NHS Direct on the short number 0845 4647, and NHS Direct Online www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk who will provide help and advice should you feel ill, or would simply like advice on a medical matter. They will also provide information on NHS and charitable or support organisations or specific health conditions. They may refer you to the NHS Walk-in Centre at 31 Monkgate, York.
Patient Confidentiality and Medical Records
- We ask you for information to assist in your healthcare
- We keep this information, together with details of your care, because it may be needed if we see you again
- We may use some of this information for other reasons, e.g. to protect the health of the public, to assist the NHS in efficient running, planning and future training of new doctors etc.
- We may transfer information to other health professionals to assist in your care
- Sometimes the law requires us to pass on information
- Everyone working in the NHS has a legal duty to keep your information confidential
Any information held on computer is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998, and its registered use is strictly controlled.
The release of any patient information for solicitors, insurances, etc. is only permitted upon receipt of a release form signed by the patient personally. The party requesting the information usually provides this form.
Freedom of Information Act
The Practice complies with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. For further information please contact the Practice Manager.
With your help, we can try and work more efficiently:
- Self treat where possible; pharmacists are happy to advise on over the counter preparations
- Listen carefully to and follow any instructions or advice given to you by your doctor
- Keep your appointment or cancel if you find you cannot make it or no longer need it
- Treat our team with courtesy and respect, they are there to help
We will provide you with:
- Access to appropriate treatment based upon need
- Courtesy and respect from all our team
- Confidentiality of information
Zero Tolerance Policy
The Partners at Millfield Surgery re-affirm their commitment to do everything possible to protect staff, patients and visitors from unacceptable behaviour and their zero tolerance of any incident that causes hurt, alarm, damage or distress. For further information, please ask for our Zero Tolerance Policy document, which details our procedures for dealing with such events.
If you have a complaint about the Practice, please contact our Practice Manager, Jan Rogerson, who will respond according to our complaints procedure. We are also happy to receive comments and suggestions regarding the running of the Practice.
Practice Area - Not to Scale
The surgery is open from 8:30am – 6.00pm from Monday to Friday.
Surgeries at Millfield Surgery
Each day we have one GP triaging telephone calls, we also have morning surgeries (starting at 8.30am), mid-afternoon sessions and an evening surgery.
Dr Parker is available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Dr Boyd is available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Dr Squire is available on Wednesday and Thursday
Dr Iredale is available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Dr Morris is available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Further Information on Primary Health Services
For further information on the services provided by the NHS Primary Health please contact:
North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust
Tel: 01904 724004
For more information on how we use your records
Data Protection Act - Patient Information